Berkhamsted Castle Trust brings together likeminded people with an interest in the history of the Castle and its former residents and who are keen to help us preserve and maintain it for the benefit of future generations.
There are lots of ways in which you can help us. Some of those roles are public-facing — on site in the visitors’ room or engaging with the public on the wider site — others are behind the scenes, helping with administration, fundraising or research. We also need people to help with low-level maintenance issues, such as a bit of weeding / gardening.
Volunteering at Berkhamsted Castle is part of the English Heritage volunteering scheme, and we want everyone’s experience to be as welcoming and enjoyable as possible. We promise these things:
- Fair and respectful treatment, and recognition of your contribution
- A full induction and training programme with ongoing support
- A volunteer pass allowing free entry to English Heritage properties (upon completion of 60 hours and four months of volunteering)
- Coverage by our indemnity arrangements in respect of all liabilities that may result from your appointment as a volunteer
- A certificate of your personal profile, to demonstrate work carried out for Berkhamsted Castle Trust / English Heritage, to show future employers or further education providers (available on request)
To discuss how you can help, please get in touch using the form below: